Chat and Chew with the Principals is still on!
Chat and Chew with the Principals is still on! Join us tomorrow, January 28th to discuss digital reputation with social media and apps you can use with our kids. The session begins at 8:30. Following the session, you will have an opportunity to visit your child's classroom. Breakfast will be served!
The Northwood Academy Charter School (NACS) began operation in September of 2005. We are a K-8 program with a well-developed academic program that emphasizes comprehensive literacy and mathematical instruction in accordance with federal and local standards. Our instructional program is driven by state, local and commercial assessment results, school achievement and adherence with IEP requirements. Our mission is to prepare our children to take advantage of the wealth of educational opportunities that exist for them. To that end, Northwood has hired a dedicated, skilled instructional staff to guide them in the process. Every staff member is charged with the care and well-being of every child. We believe that all children are able to achieve regardless of their socio-economic status, race, ability level or past academic experience. By respecting and supporting our students, their families and our staff on a regular basis, we honor and uphold this belief.
Important Dates to Remember:
· Chat and Chew with the Principals on January 28th
· Movie Night on January 30th
Upcoming Sporting Events:
· Boys’ Basketball Game away against School Lane on January 22nd
· Boys’ Basketball Game at home against New Foundations on January 26th
· Boys’ Basketball Game at home against A&S on January 28th
1. Chat and Chew with the Principals...On Wednesday, January 28th, the principals will host a Chat and Chew. Please join them for breakfast and a discussion on Technology-The Parent Connection. Come and get tips and resources on how you can use technology with your child to enhance what they are learning in school The Chat and Chew will take place from 8:30-9:00 a.m. in the cafeteria. Following the Chat and Chew there will be an Open House for our families to view our classrooms in action. The Open House will take place from 9:00–11:00 a.m.
2. Interim Reports...On Wednesday, January 28th interim reports will be sent home at the teacher’s discretion. These reports are a way for teachers to update parents on their child’s academic and behavioral standings. Please sign and return the interim report.
3. Science Night...Join us on February 5th for Science Night! This event will take place from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in the gym. This event is a fun way to explore science through stations and activities.
4. Movie Night...On January 30th Northwood will host Movie Night! This is an event for families to gather together in our gym and enjoy a movie. The Lego Movie will start promptly at 6:00, although doors open at 5:15. Concessions will be sold at this event. A flyer with ticket information is being sent home today.
5. Grade Book...If you would like access to your child's grade book online using our MMS system, please email Mrs. Dugan at email@example.com. You must include your child’s full name, room number and grade.