The Northwood Academy Charter School (NACS) began operation in September of 2005. We are a K-8 program with a well-developed academic program that emphasizes comprehensive literacy and mathematical instruction in accordance with federal and local standards. Our instructional program is driven by state, local and commercial assessment results, school achievement and adherence with IEP requirements. Our mission is to prepare our children to take advantage of the wealth of educational opportunities that exist for them. To that end, Northwood has hired a dedicated, skilled instructional staff to guide them in the process. Every staff member is charged with the care and well-being of every child. We believe that all children are able to achieve regardless of their socio-economic status, race, ability level or past academic experience. By respecting and supporting our students, their families and our staff on a regular basis, we honor and uphold this belief.
Important Dates to Remember:
The PSSA testing schedule is as follows:
Grades 3-8 - PSSA Math - April 21st-24th
Grades 4 and 8 - PSSA Science - April 28th and 29th
Interim Reports sent home (at teacher's discretion) on April 29th
Math Night - April 30th
Upcoming Sporting Events
· Boys Baseball game at New Foundations - April 22th
· Boys Baseball game at home against PACS - April 30th
1. Family Math Night– Come join us for math games, activities and more on Thursday, April 30th from 6:00– 7:30 p.m. The cost of admission is $1.00 per person, tickets can be purchased at the door. Your admission ticket will also enter you into the raffle for a chance to win a prize. Concessions will be sold.
2. Spring Dance (grades 5-8) - On Friday, April 24th, we will be hosting our Spring Dance. Students with positive behavioral and academic records will be revieving invitations. Attendance is by invitation only. The dance will be from 6-8 p.m. in the gym. The attire is casual for this dance.
3. Kindergarten through seventh grade students– Are you interested in purchasing our school’s yearbook? The cost is $15 softback and $22 hardback. You can bring your money into your teacher. You can also go online to customize 2 pages for free! All 8th grade students get yearbooks. Click here to go to TreeRing's website and enter our school’s password: 1013790260523328.
4. Calendar Change– Due to the inclement weather we recently experienced Friday, May 22nd will now be a half day. Students will be dismissed at 12 PM, please adjust your calendars.