12:00 DISMISSAL (Report Card Conferences) Thursday, March 26th and Friday, March 27th.
Spring Break– School Closed March 30– April 6th. Students return to school Tuesday, April 7th.
The Northwood Academy Charter School (NACS) began operation in September of 2005. We are a K-8 program with a well-developed academic program that emphasizes comprehensive literacy and mathematical instruction in accordance with federal and local standards. Our instructional program is driven by state, local and commercial assessment results, school achievement and adherence with IEP requirements. Our mission is to prepare our children to take advantage of the wealth of educational opportunities that exist for them. To that end, Northwood has hired a dedicated, skilled instructional staff to guide them in the process. Every staff member is charged with the care and well-being of every child. We believe that all children are able to achieve regardless of their socio-economic status, race, ability level or past academic experience. By respecting and supporting our students, their families and our staff on a regular basis, we honor and uphold this belief.
Important Dates to Remember:
· Report Card Conferences March 26th and 27th– both days will be noon dismissals.
· Spring Break (school closed) March 30– April 6th. Students return to school Tuesday, April 7th
1. Parent-Teacher Conferences...Conferences will be held on Thursday, March 26th and Friday, March 27th. This is an opportunity for you to meet with your child’s teacher to discuss their behavior and academic growth. Report cards will not be sent home with students. Please stop by the Book Fair this week. We are excited to be viewing books provided by Children’s Book World. Credit cards will not be accepted, cash or check only. Checks are payable to Northwood Academy.
2. Mark your calendars! Northwood's Bulldog Theater will perform their annual show on Wednesday, April 15th in the gym. The players will present the comedy Apostrophe's. This hilarious show explores what it takes to "belong" in the big, bad world of school, friendships, and grammar. Tickets will be available at the door for $3 each. Advanced tickets may be purchased from Ms. Gunn anytime before the show date. Come for a great night of family fun and laughs!
3. Kindergarten through seventh grade students– Are you interested in purchasing our school’s yearbook? The cost is $15 softback and $22 hardback. You can bring your money into your teacher. You can also go online to customize 2 pages for free! All 8th grade students get yearbooks. Go to TreeRing.com/validate and enter our school’s password: 1013790260523328.
4. Calendar Change– Due to the inclement weather we recently experienced Friday, May 22nd will now be a half day. Students will be dismissed at 12 PM, please adjust your calendars.